Wednesday, March 24, 2010

20 pounds in 30 days

The HCG update....
I am proud to say that I have completed 30 days of eating 500 calories a day, giving myself shots, not eating sugars, starches or dairy and drinking only water! Sounds crazy, but losing 20 pounds made it all worth it!
Seriously, I can't believe I did it! I never thought I would have the willpower to watch others eat all the fun stuff and be able to resist it, but I did. Now I am able to add a few more things into my diet...like more protein and dairy. This morning it was a big deal to be able to have a glass of milk with my scrambled eggs. I found myself almost feeling guilty as I was drinking it down. In fact, I couldn't bring myself to have any more than 1 small cup. It has definitely changed my thinking on food. I still can't have sugars and starches for three weeks, so I'm hoping for more weight loss. I've added in some heavier exercise and hope for some good results. We'll see how it goes....more updates to come.

2 comments:

Amy W said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Post a pic girl!! That is amazing!!! I am way proud of you, you are really doing it!

Toots said...

Way to go, Karryn! Yes, post a pic of yourself! That's awesome!