Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snowshoeing Adventure!







One of my New Year's resolutions is to do more ME things. I decided this was an important goal because sometimes ME get's put on the back burner. So one of the things I decided to try was snowshoeing! Some people might think...of all things, why snowshoeing? My response....I'll do ANYTHING to get out of the house, including snowshoeing! I've really enjoyed getting out on a sunny winter day and enjoying the beauty that winter brings.

Well, I thought I'd try and share my love of snowshoeing with Teegan the other day. I gave him the option of going to Aunt Rachel's to be babysat or coming snowshoeing with me. He decided to come with me, so I rented him some snowshoes and we headed up to North Fork for a leisurely trek with Roxy (the dog) and Kylie, my fellow snowshoer. We hadn't been on the trail for more than 5 minutes before these words came out of Teegan's mouth...."Mom, I shoulda gone to Rachel's" I knew right then that this wasn't going to be as exciting for Teegan as it was for me. Needless to say, from now on...snowshoeing will be a ME thing only!

1 comment:

Amy W said...

You are such a good mom to let him come...but I am with you! You need some alone time. When I was running the kids would always want to come with me...and it got old waiting for them to catch up or hearing them say they could not run any farther! HA! Anyway, a woman needs her time alone. I hope you are doing great! LY!