Monday, January 4, 2010

Where did my big family go?


Isaac's 24th birthday...not 35th.


Noelle's last night at home

Noelle and the grandkids..No one was crying until Kate kept saying "Bye, Oell-ee, Bye..." as we were walking out the door. Then everyone lost it! Jaysie also said as we got in the car, "Mom, I just want to stay with Noelle all night. I want to spend every last minute with her."


The whole fam on Christmas Eve...


Being the oldest of seven children is hard to describe unless you've done it. I can't say that I loved it when I was growing up because it involved alot of babysitting, no privacy and pretty much pure chaos everywhere you went. Now, I love it! I love having everyone together and laughing until you cry at some of the crazy things we've all done. We have so much fun!
Well, things change and I guess I have to accept it. The last few months have turned my large, chaotic family into a small, quaint bunch. With Marissa at USU, Noelle recently leaving on a mission, Isaac going to San Diego for nursing school and Becca living far away...things will be quieter around here.
Although I will miss her, Noelle will be a fabulous missionary! She was totally ready to serve the Lord and so excited to take on this new adventure. She is such a great example to me and I look forward to her letters and emails. Isaac left his safe, little world here in Utah to take on the big city. He will be tackling nursing school while also caring for an older gentleman who is in a wheelchair and needs constant care. He will have his hands full but I know he's up to the task. He will learn and grow beyond measure. Marissa, although we still see her now and then, has to brave USU without her older brother and sister to lean on. She will find out that she is stronger than she thinks she is and will meet tons of new people. Becca just flat out needs to move closer to home so we can see her and that cute little Porter more often. Maybe one day...til then, I guess we will try to survive without them.
The year 2010 will be different for sure, but we will make the best of it! I'm excited to see what the future holds and hold onto the memories from the past. Happy 2010!!

1 comment:

Ike said...

Gosh...everyone did leave you...sounds like a personal problem to me. Things are getting much better here in SD. I love reading your blog so keep me updated. Love, your brother, Isaac